Smethwick Photographic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System

5 posters

Go down

PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System  Empty PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System

Post  Grayman Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:30 am

Hello,
I’m thinking of getting the PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System to my 1 year old Epson Stylus Photo 1400, do you think this model is worth upgrading or should I save the cost and get a better Epson model ie: Epson R3000 ( I’ll have to save up first).

Also I was printing a Mono print today and it came out blue it was not down to the printer, I used CS6 & Silver Efex Pro 2 so what looked good on my Monitor was not good on the print out.

Many thanks for any help.

Graham Martin

Grayman

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64216699@N03/

Back to top Go down

PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System  Empty Good Luck

Post  romeojohn Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Graham.
Good luck with your enquiry, sorry I cannot help as I don't have either of these products, but this is the type of enquiry I expected to see in the forum.
John Moore
romeojohn
romeojohn

Back to top Go down

PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System  Empty Re: PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System

Post  nobbies Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:09 am

Hi Graham IMHO I would suggest upgrading to the 3000 I have this system installed on my Epson R2880 would no be without the Ecoflow system now:) 

nobbies

Back to top Go down

PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System  Empty Print quality

Post  David Lowe Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi Graham,
I assume the monitor is profiled and you have a profile for the paper you were using?
I don't know much about the 1400 printer but from what I can find out it only has one black ink, if that is the case you are always going to struggle to get really good mono images. On that basis if you intend doing more mono prints you may be better buying a new printer with three black inks eg Epson 2880, 3000, 3880.
When you are looking at printers consider the ink costs, the 3880 printer is much more expensive but check out the ink costs, the cartridges are more expensive but much larger resulting in lower ink costs per print, by quite a large margin.
David.

David Lowe

http://www.davidlowepics.com

Back to top Go down

PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System  Empty Continuous Ink Systems

Post  RolandB Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:25 am

Hi Graham Martin,

I have come to this post rather late but the blue caste must be due to a problem with profiling. You can’t blame CS6 or SilverEfex for the difference between monitor and print so the fault could probably be corrected using a Colormuki to profile your system.
I am not a great fan of continuous ink systems as I think all these systems, including the Permajet system, put quite a bit of extra stress on the printer mechanism. My experience of the Permajet continuous ink system might give you an idea of the possible problems.
Some people recommend leaving the printer switched on all the time to avoid head cleans on switching on but if its left on for over a week it usually needs at least one head clean anyway. With a set of Epson R2880 ink cartridges costing over £100 head cleans are wasteful. The R3000 may be more economical and the R3880 even more so. I used a Permajet continuous ink system to reduce ink costs but found blocked jets and head cleans were more frequent than with Epson cartridges. After using the system for over a year and with a persistent missing colour I rang Permajet and spoke to Louise Hill who sold me some CleverClogs which didn’t clear the head. When I eventually reached their technical people they told me it was a leaking feeder tube. When I found the leak Permajet supplied replacement parts without charge but I had already fitted refillable cartridges using their inks. This has worked really well except that heads where CleverClogs had been used leaked ink into the printer when not in use. I think this was due to CleverClogs containing wetting agents and this reduced surface tension at the head helping ink to pass through! However this has now stopped and the refillable cartridges are almost as good as Epson cartridges.
For all printing profiling of monitor, printer and each paper used is most important. The club uses a Colormunki for profiling and used to allow members to borrow it as it costs about £300 and is only needed occasionally.
Roland Booth
RolandB
RolandB

http://www.rolandbooth.com

Back to top Go down

PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System  Empty Re: PermaJet Eco-Flo CIS System

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum