Smethwick Photographic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Competitions

4 posters

Go down

Club Competitions Empty Club Competitions

Post  brucbus Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:48 am

Hi all
 I have been a member at the club for a few years, have tried to enter a few competitions without much success, no complaints my pic were not good enough on the night. I think a bit of inspired inspiration would be helpful to an old codger like me and wondered if we could have a few themed competitions to get the grey matter up and running.

Helpful comments please.faraoLaughing
brucbus
brucbus

Back to top Go down

Club Competitions Empty Re: Club Competitions

Post  David Lowe Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:40 am

Hi brucbus,

I am not a fan of themed competitions myself and thus wouldn't get my support. One issue is how would we fit it into the program? We already have a number of Thursday evening used up with Merit and Annual competitions etc. So I doubt there would be much enthusiasm for more.
If you need a little inspiration or support try joining other members on some of the organised events, Natural History Group, Studio Group, the New Out & About Group or Bob’s Monday night meeting. Some of the many social events that have been organised over the years have produced some fabulous images and a great time was had at the same time! Watch out for some great pictures in the merits from the recent trip to Venice.
Other than that try finding other members with similar interests and getting out with them.
The main thing is to keep taking pictures and enjoy the process and the company of others.

David.

David Lowe

http://www.davidlowepics.com

Back to top Go down

Club Competitions Empty Club Comps

Post  romeojohn Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Brucbus.
Sounds a bit like me but I have had a little success in the merits, but I agree with Dave; not in favour of themes. But competitions are themed in a way with portraits, nature, landscape etc within the general guides of the competition. I guess the trick is to work at your favourite subject and keep trying. Join the nature group with Barbara, quite a new venture really but well worthwhile.

John Moore
romeojohn
romeojohn

Back to top Go down

Club Competitions Empty Club Competitions

Post  Mike Williams Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:10 am

Why not look at the Out and About pages, and tell us the type of pictures you like to take. It's not just the competitions that bring about improvement, but taking photos and sharing ideas and comments with other members will do loads to help.
The Out and About Group is all about getting members to share ideas with each other, and to get out and about!
Mike

Mike Williams

Back to top Go down

Club Competitions Empty Re: Club Competitions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down