Smethwick Photographic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any help or advice?

3 posters

Go down

Any help or advice? Empty Any help or advice?

Post  bolanchris2802 Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:43 pm

As I have recently joined Smethwick, I am keen to improve my skills -if anyone is undertaking any training or wish to support me in anyway please contact me-as I am keen to learn. I would like to put a portfolio together and start to obtain qualifications. I know this is a well respected society with lots of fantastic photographers -and would love have some advice and support. If anyone can please help me in anyway or give me any support or advice let me know-it would be very much appreciated!

Chris Bradley (Bolanchris2802)

bolanchris2802

Back to top Go down

Any help or advice? Empty Friday Focus group

Post  romeojohn Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Chris
Like me I guess you missed the recent Friday Focus group on going for distinctions. Why don't you ask Ray Dowding who organises the group whether there is any follow up opportunities you could pick up on.
John Moore
romeojohn
romeojohn

Back to top Go down

Any help or advice? Empty Thanks John

Post  bolanchris2802 Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply John -I will follow up your suggestions -how long have you been a member and what type of camera and lenses do you use?

Best wishes Chris

bolanchris2802

Back to top Go down

Any help or advice? Empty Advise/Focus Group

Post  romeojohn Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:47 am

Hi Chris.
I am a relatively new member, about 15 months, I use a Canon 7d with several accessories and lens's I use mainly a Sigma 18-200 but also use canon 100mm macro; canon 70-300 and a sigma 10-20. Also i use a Canon G15 compact where the 7D is a bit big to take around.
I am not sure I will be there on Thursday but lets say hello next time as unless you already have friends in the club it can be a bit difficult to join in.
John
romeojohn
romeojohn

Back to top Go down

Any help or advice? Empty Hi John-thanks

Post  bolanchris2802 Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:19 am

Thanks John,

Look forward to meeting you next time you attend and thanks for the communication. I am a Nikon user but am currently looking into updating and purchasing some new equipment.
I am sure it will be worthwhile once I have settled in and get involved with competitions and events that take place.
Did you attend Thursday - Irene's Landscape lecture? Although I had seen her before I still found her work interesting. I am thinking about undertaking the course she is doing on photoshop in March -she is charging £20 for the days course.

Thanks again John -keep in touch

Chris

bolanchris2802

Back to top Go down

Any help or advice? Empty Re: Any help or advice?

Post  nobbies Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:08 am

Must admit last time I attended the Focus group I was heavily criticized over my prints that I had taken along with no helpful advice at all, so much so that I have decided not to enter any competitions on a club basis or otherwise and just to do my photography for myself only !

nobbies

Back to top Go down

Any help or advice? Empty Re help

Post  romeojohn Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:07 am

Didn't know they did photo critique in Friday Focus group; shame you were dissatisfied but you shouldn't let that discourage you from entering comps etc. I find it helpful to enter and then try and draw comparisons of the awarded work with my own, but it will always be a subjective appraisal.
Good luck.
John
romeojohn
romeojohn

Back to top Go down

Post  nobbies Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:19 am

Thanks John, everyone seems to be a little too critical of other peoples work, In the time I have been a member I have noticed that if your face does not fit no help is forthcoming!

nobbies

Back to top Go down

Any help or advice? Empty Advice

Post  romeojohn Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:43 am

I have sent you a private email on this.
John
romeojohn
romeojohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum