Smethwick Photographic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am a new member who would love help and support to improve!

3 posters

Go down

I am a new member who would love help and support to improve! Empty I am a new member who would love help and support to improve!

Post  bolanchris2802 Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:20 am

Hi members,

As I have recently joined S.P.S. I would like to say thanks to you for being friendly and making me feel welcome. I have joined with the intention of developing my skills and ambition to hopefully obtain qualifications/recognition in photography in some way.
If there are any working groups or courses you think would benefit me in my quest or if anyone can help and advice in any way on a one to one basis- I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Chris Bradley (bolanchris2802)

bolanchris2802

Back to top Go down

I am a new member who would love help and support to improve! Empty Just see this post

Post  Mike Williams Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:04 am

Hi Chris,

If you get in touch,, I'll see if there is anything i can do to help. Mike Williams (mj.w@me.com)

Mike Williams

Back to top Go down

I am a new member who would love help and support to improve! Empty Re: I am a new member who would love help and support to improve!

Post  David Lowe Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi Chris,

The best way to improve is to take more pictures!
There are a number of groups at SPS that you could join in with and hopefully not only learn but also get a great deal of enjoyment from.
You don’t say what you interests are but I guess if you are new you will probably be happy to try anything and everything.
Barbara Lawton’s Natural History group would be a good place to start, they get out and about and there are number of experienced workers involved so you would be in good company.
The studio group meets every other Tuesday, this is a good way to learn about lighting and working with models.
There are a number of “outings” organised during the year for days and evening out and some weekend trips where you would get the chance to try your hand at other types of photography, sport, landscapes, natural history etc. And don’t forget the Technique group that meets on Monday nights and Saturday morning.
Get involved and you will meet some experienced photographers who will more than happy to share their knowledge.
If you think I can help you in any particular way then just get in touch or catch me on a Thursday.

David.

David Lowe

http://www.davidlowepics.com

Back to top Go down

I am a new member who would love help and support to improve! Empty Re: I am a new member who would love help and support to improve!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum